Doubling down to ensure Safe Spaces for Women Online
By Garima Gupta, Product Manager
Well, we all know that SHEROES is a women’s-only platform. But to keep it men-free has been a genuine challenge!
Like all other life-battles where our community stands together, “Dude Alert” has become just another fun exercise for us! The members are constantly pitching along with the SHEROES Community Team to keep their platform safe.
Joining the force was our Engineering Team who worked day in and day out to empower our users to run the platform the way they want, aka, absolutely “man-free”. After weeks of coding, the long-awaited “Report Spam” feature has been shipped onto the new version of the SHEROES App.
This feature enables our users to report content or profiles on the platform that they find unsuitable. Here is a quick glimpse for you -
Report a Post or a Comment
- Any post or comment once posted is first reviewed by the machine learning algorithms that flag it immediately on the detection of spammy words/phrases for review by the Community Team. This machine algorithm learns and improves itself over time.
- In an endeavour to strengthen spam control, users now have the feature to report any post or comment as spam.
- Once a particular post or comment has been reported by multiple users and crosses the threshold, it will be taken off the platform and reviewed by the Community Team.
- All posts that are under moderation can be viewed under the ‘Posts Tab’ in personal profiles.
Report a User Profile
- SHEROES checks the gender of every user who logs in with their social credentials.
- Users can now flag suspicious profiles using the ‘Report Spam’ feature.
- Once a profile has been reported by multiple users, it will be reviewed and deactivated from the platform by the Community Team.
With this, we double down on our promise of a safe internet space for all our community members and the ladies who are still waiting to download the SHEROES App.
Here’s to your safe and happy place! Cheers.